Jay Ajayi will not attend the season opener versus the Seattle Seahawks.
According to the official injured list, the Miami Dolphins running back’s absence does not ascribe the injury.
Specific details surrounding Ajayi’s situation are scarce, but NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo reported that Ajayi did not respond well to challenges about the Dolphin signed Arian Foster, his state of mind has been poor during the preseason. According to Miami media reports, an unnamed Dolphins player felt disappointed about his recent demotion behind Foster on the depth chart.
Ajayi was regard as the No.1 running back at the time of the offseason, but his position was quickly passed once Foster signed. Ajayi did not impress this preseason, but he will keep his role by considering his age and injury history.
Dolphin will ride Foster heavily in the ground attack when they face a stout Seahawks defense group. Can expected the Dolphins would deploy a quick passing attack in the case of mediocre backup running back.
In the first night race of the new season, the Arizona Cardinals wide receiver John Brown may not attend due to headaches after suffered a concussion on July 31.
Though he returned to training last week, he was not ready to participate in the first week of competition.
“I just inspected every day,” Brown said. ” My mind is on the training now.” Brown said this is the first time in his career suffered a concussion, he felt “good” after Monday training.
Brown is one of the young league’s best wide receiver. If he can not play, the Cardinals may use J.J. Nelson or Jaron Brown to replace him.
Whether John Brown would attend the new season opener, the Cardinals are lucky enough to have the best bench in the league took over the team.
Arizona Cardinals safety guard Tyrann Mathieu returns to training after nearly eight months when he hurt cruciate ligament of his right knee in Week 15 last season.
“I feel great,” Mathieu said after training.” I have to restore my speed, but beyond that, I feel great. I feel my movement is very good. ”
The team’s coach Bruce Arians represented the initial plan was to let Mathieu and other two players who activated on the physically unable to perform list, to participate personal training, then determine whether to allow them to continue to train after re-evaluating their progress and health recovery.
Mathieu did not agree to this arrangement. In addition to personal training, he also participated in 7v7 and 11v11 training, and he trained with the starting lineup in the 11v11.
Mathieu said he could only use 80% of his speed, and be hesitant occasionally. In general, he was “very surprised” for his performance in the first training.
Mathieu felt able to ready for the season opener game against the New England Patriots. Although he plans to take it easy and does not rush to return to full-contact training, calling his return to training as “a great first step.”
Former league president Paul Tagliabue and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones are chosen as candidates for the Hall of Fame of 2017 session.
Jones bought the Cowboys in 1989 and fired Tom Landry who had been the team coach, after that, the Cowboys won three Super Bowl champions from 1992 to 1995.
Jones, 73-year-old, got rich by the oil industry, and he was also a pioneer in sponsorship negotiations, ever finalized the sponsor contract outside the league’s revenue sharing model and lead to a legal dispute between the NFL as a result.
Tagliabue served as president of the league from 1989 to 2006, during which time the NFL expanded from 28 teams to 32 teams and constructed 20 new stadiums. He helped negotiate a $25 billion agreement for television in 2006, the establishment of NFL networks also gave the credit to him.
Besides both of them, the former Seattle Seahawks security guard Kenny Easley, who serve as the senior member of the candidate, is also regarded as a candidate by the statement. Easley was selected to the Pro Bowl five times in his seven-year career and became the league Defensive Player of the Year in 1984.
2017 session of the Hall of Fame will have 18 candidates, and members will be determined in the next year’s Super Bowl weekend.
Cornerback Joe Haden was cleared to return to practice for the Cleveland Browns on Monday.
Haden has been rehabbing from offseason ankle surgery, which he underwent on March 18. He started training camp on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list.
Haden said he would ease into things, starting with individual work Monday. The decision on when he can go full speed is up to the trainers, he said.
As far as getting into games, Haden has one in mind.
“Sept. 11 is the only one that I’m really worried about,” Haden said of the season opener in Philadelphia. “If they let me get into any preseason games, that’d be sweet. But my main goal is just getting back by Sept. 11.”
Haden originally injured his left ankle in a loss to Arizona last season. He aggravated the injury in the offseason. His exact injury was never detailed.
Haden played in only five games in 2015, missing games due to a broken finger and a concussion. He said after the team’s conditioning test that he had “a very bad season,” given his expectations.
His return means much to the Browns’ defense. Haden’s man-coverage ability — he has been to two Pro Bowls — gives the defense needed flexibility.
“He’s one of our better defensive players and one of the better defensive players in the league. To get him back gives our whole defense a jolt,” Browns coach Hue Jackson said Monday.
Leon Hall will join New York Giants.
According to the NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that Hall has been signed by Giants to a one-year contract, worth $200 million at most.
Hall, the 31-year-old veteran, visited the Giants on Wednesday but left without a contract. The Cincinnati Bengals, who lost the rookie cornerback William Jackson, were also interested in him.
Hall is coming off a solid 2015 campaign, compiling nine passes defensed and two interceptions. Entering his 10th season, however, the corner has dealt with a litany of injuries throughout his career. Hall suffered an injury on Achilles tendon twice and accepted the back surgery this offseason, the reason for his late signing. He comes back to health now.
Hall adds the veteran depth of Giants cornerback group, including the highly paid Janoris Jenkins, the veteran Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and the first-round pick Eli Apple. Hall is good at that position, and if Apple has not ready for the full-time duty, he will get more playing time instead of Apple. After the signing of Hall, Apple has the luxury of learning rather than face the harsh games without protection.
Signing Hall is the latest big changes to the worst NFL defense group. The Giants only to be reinforcing the linebacker position after strengthening the defense and the defensive line.
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees says that Saints don’t resume the contract with him since their last negotiations in three months ago.
The 37-year-old veteran is about to enter the last year of his five-year contract which worth $100 million. He will play out the year with a salary-cap figure of $30 million without a new deal signed by
“Not sure why things have not progressed,” Brees told ESPN.com in Metairie, La. “They made an offer in March, we made an offer shortly thereafter. And besides the Josh Norman deal (when the Saints approached Brees about restructuring his contract to try to fit the free agent cornerback under their salary cap), there has been no talk about a contract since.”
There is still time to let the Saints make a decision, but Brees will have to wait for the end of this new season if Saints can’t make a choice. “I would say the deadline is the start of the regular season, not training camp,” Brees told ESPN.
Although the Saints had a terrible 2015 season, Brees’ performance was still outstanding. His state can last for at least two seasons in the future, and now, what he can do is just waiting for the decision of Saints management.